We have learned that HSUS is making a strong initiative in Illinois to amend SB 2362. The features of the amendment sought by HSUS:
- Total ban on all crocodilians;
- Total ban on all venomous;
- Total ban on the keeping of Komodo dragons and crocodile monitors;
- Keeping of all pythons (including ball pythons), anacondas and all boas with permit only, including liability insurance and only for educational programs.
- HSUS is seeking to ban the breeding of all pythons, boas and anacondas entirely in Illinois.
Illinois residents, please act on the Herp Alliance Action Alert regarding SB 2362 today!